Experiential Outdoor Therapy – The Top 10 Benefits
How Does This Relate To Equine Therapy?
10 Benefits of Experiential Outdoor Therapy
1. Boosts your energy and offers many benefits to our physical health
2. Decrease levels of stress, depression, and anxiety
3. Enhances creativity and improves the ability to problem solve
4. Encourages self-reflection and self-awareness
5. Helps identify and process feelings
6. Admiring nature encourages more generous, positive social behaviors
7. Being away from screens helps regulate mood disturbances and nervous system arousal
8. Promotes the ability to assess needs in a relationship and how to meet those in healthy effective ways.
9. Proven effective tool for overcoming a wide range of mental health challenges
10. Offer an exciting alternative to traditional family or relationship counseling
Whether you participate or are interested in one of our equine therapy groups or not, you and your family can benefit immediately from turning off the phones and TVs, putting on your tennis shoes and sunscreen, and exploring everything that this beautiful world has for you right outside of your front door.